Memorial Day, the last Monday in May is almost here. Did you know it used to be called Decoration Day? It was a holiday started after the American Civil War for the fallen Union Soldiers by the southern ladies organizations. It was celebrated on different days at first, and now we celebrate it not only to honor all of those who died in all of our wars but we associate it with the start of summer. (I didn’t know all that! Wikipedia is so helpful!)
The Memorial Day Remembrance Parade
- Saturday, May 26, 2012
- 9:00 AM
- Here is the Memorial Day Parade map so you can plan your parking and your day ahead!
Downtown Denver Arts Festival
- Friday through Monday (25th-28th)
- Friday 4-8pm, Saturday & Sunday 11-5, Monday 11-4
- Denver Pavillions (500 16th Street)
The Big Eat
- Sunday 2-6
- Union Station – Downtown
- 36 different restaurants!
Old South Gaylord Memorial Day Weekend Festival
- Sunday 11-8 and Monday 11-4
- South Gaylord Street at Louisiana in the Washington Park Neighborhood
- 1:10 and 6:10
- Coors Field – Downtown
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Park
Hope you have fun with your family and friends all weekend!